Sustaining overall good health for women includes awareness to the signs and symptoms of an unhealthy reproductive system and seeking treatment when necessary to reduce illness and disease which include cancer
During the childbearing years the wall lining of the uterus grows and thickens in preparation for pregnancy. If a woman does not become pregnant menstruation occurs as the thick wall lining releases excess blood flow through the vagina. Since the uterus is integral by proximity to the lymph nodes, nerves, and blood vessels, if metastatic uterine cancer is present, it can spread to other areas of the reproductive system.
Joycuff Inspirational Bracelets for Women Mom Personalized Gift for Her Engraved Mantra Cuff Bangle Crown Birthday Jewelry Shop Now.
Metastatic uterine (endometrial) cancer is a type of cancer that originated in the lining of the uterus (endometrium) and has spread to distant areas of the body. In general, uterine cancer can metastasize to the rectum or bladder. Other areas where it may spread include the vagina, ovaries and fallopian tubes.
Knowledge of normal uterine function to include timely abnormal symptom diagnosis and treatment provides optimum prevention against cancer.[Google 2022]
A healthy uterine system is dependent on a normal cell replacement and repair life cycle. If this cycle becomes a mutated cycle; benign (not cancerous), or malignant (cancerous) tumors may grow and spread throughout the body. Common tumors that may or may not impact a womans reproductive system and overall health: 1) Fibroids – These are common benign tumors that grow in the muscle of the uterus. They tend to reduce in size and may disappear once a woman reaches menopause. Surgery may be necessary with discomfort. 2) Endometrial Hyperplasia – “An increasing cell production which thickens the lining of the uterus. Those with abnormal bleeding before or after, or heavy menstrual periods should seek treatment. Hyperplasia mostly presents itself for women in their forties and is the most common cancer of the uterus lining.
BlankieGram Healing Thoughts Throw Blanket, Comfort Gifts, Spread Positive Energy, Send Hugs with Inspirational Blanket, Perfect Get Well Gifts for Women, Men and Children – 50″x60″ (Purple). Shop Now!
Cancer Symptoms Associated with Reproductive System
Risk Factors: Fifty and over – obesity and high blood pressure. You have endometrial hyperplasia. Use Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT) for menopause, osteoporosis, used also to reduce risk of heart disease and stroke. White women are more likely than African American women to get uterus cancer. If diagnosed with colorectal cancer you are at higher risk of uterus cancer.
Cancer 0 Me 1 Shirt Breast Cancer Awareness Survivor Gift T-Shirt Shop Now
Recommendations for Uterus Cancer Diagnosis, Prevention and Treatment
1. Seek Treatment if it is difficult or painful to urinate, or if you notice unusual vaginal bleeding or discharge. To include pain during intercourse or pain in pelvic area.
2. Get a second opinion if prognosis is daunting. Cancer Info Services 1800-4-CANCER or Seek Official ABMS (American Board Certified Medical Specialists) 1-885-275-2267.
3. Have a pelvic exam scheduled for lumps, changes within size/shape of vagina, uterus, bladder, and rectum.
4. Ask your medical provider about Transvaginal Ultrasound -It is a high-frequency instrument inserted through the vagina. It echoes an image of the uterus endometrium wall. A thick wall may require a biopsy.
5. Pap Test – Cervix and upper vagina cell samples are collected and analyzed in a medical laboratory.
6. In order to stop malignant tumor growth, surgery to remove the uterus (hysterectomy), or treatment with hormones (progesterone) is the standard course of action.
7. Uterus Radiation Treatment – Outpatient external body therapy aimed at the tumor area 5 days a week for several weeks. Radiation application may necessitate Internal Radiation – Whereas tiny tubes containing radiation particulates are released through the vagina. Protocol may include progesterone therapy.
8. Increased protein during cancer treatment is important in the diet, it promotes healing, strength, energy & healthy body weight.
Author: Marc T. Woodard, MBA, BS Exercise Science, USA Medical Services Officer, CPT, RET. 2023 Copyright. All rights reserved, Mirror Athlete Publishing @: www.mirrorathlete.org,