I know many of you have not felt positive about life in general over the past year. Mostly because of a virus that has limited certain freedoms, harmed health and for many caused economic challenges. But if one remains mindful of how much there is to look forward to, a plan can be put in place to get that mojo back in both good and bad times.
If you want to change a situation and feel better, consider creating a “list of things to look forward to.” Then plan to pursue and participate in a few areas of personal interest. There are literally thousands of life changing things to look forward to that keep life interesting. And when planning to participate – than do… provide a state of wellness and piece of mind.
I have listed “35 things to look forward to” to help you develop a list
1) Holidays and Annual celebrations with family and friends 2) Learn to play a musical instrument 3) Begin a home exercise routine 4) Take a road trip with a friend 5) Make date nights with spouse 6) Sip wine with a significant other watching the sun set
Look Forward to “Beginning a Home Exercise Program.” FITNESS REALITY 1000 PLUS Bluetooth Magnetic Rowing Rower… Click on image to view multiple home exercise equipment options. Click on Image to view more home exercise equipment choices.
TRX Suspension Straps, stationary bikes and rowing machines.
7) Begin a home improvement project 8) Host a theme party 9) Meet with friends on a sunny day in a park 10) Becoming a grandparent
Learn How to Make Your Own Wine… “Sip wine with a significant other watching the sun set.” View Wine Kit Selections Now. Click on image to view all types of home brewing wine and beer kits.
11) Turning 18 and 21 12) Knowing you’re going to be a parent 13) Participating in an online chat group of interest 14) Learn how to plant Indoor and outdoor gardens
“Learn how to Plant an Indoor/Outdoor Garden” Indoor Herb Garden Starter Kit – Heirloom, Non-GMO Herb Seeds – Basil Thyme Parsley Cilantro Seed, Potting Soil, Pots, Scissors – DIY Grow Kits for Growing… Click on image to view multiple home exercise equipment options.
15) Becoming independent and figure out what you want in life 16) Learning a new hobby
“Learn a New Hobby” The most popular and affordable drones – Holy Stone HS120D GPS Drone with Camera for Adults 2K UHD FPV, Quadcotper with Auto Return Home, Follow Me, Altitude Hold, Way-points Functions as pictured… Click on image to view advanced air and underwater drones.
17) Work towards the job you’ve always wanted 18) Meet your future husband or wife 19) Take a college course 20) Purchase your first house 21) Make a bucket list – plan to complete it 22) Celebrate a big birthday
“Hike and Camp within A Mountainous Area” Lightweight, Shock-Absorbent, Hiking, Walking & Running Sticks with Natural Cork Grips, and other accessories. Click on image to view other hiking/camping accessories and resources.
23) Take a dream vacation 24) Attend a favorite concert 25) Raise children 26) Buy your first car 27) Hike and camp within a mountainous area 28) Watch your children graduate from school
“Learn a New Hobby” Garrett Gold Metal Detectors are affordable and reliable. Click on the image to see more gold prospecting equipment and supplies.
29) Cook a new recipe 30) Adopt a puppy 31) Experience a different culture 32) Start an online business 33) Volunteer for a cause 34) Begin a daily walking program 35) Leaving a legacy
“Begin a Daily Walking Program” View the most popular Slo Man Mesh Slip On Air Cushion walking shoe for women. Click on the image to find all walking accessories for both men and women.
Do not allow any environment situation to depress you to the point of not living life to the fullest. Recall, as Americans we have a lot to be thankful for with the freedoms for anyone to get through challenging times. By remaining mindful of things to look forward to and actively pursuing an engaged and active lifestyle, people are more likely to sustain a state of wellbeing and good health to weather any storm. Create a list that is right for you, select a few areas of interest to participate in and plan to live the lifestyle you need, want and deserve now… and get your mojo back!
Marc Woodard, MBA, BS Exercise Science, ARNG, CPT, RET., is a Fit Healthy Lifestyle Consultant with MirrorAthlete Corp., and Former Tigard City Councilor. A strong proponent of City involvement in providing recreational opportunities for its residents. 2019 Copy right. All rights reserved, Mirror Athlete Inc., “To learn more about MirrorAthlete and free monthly newsletter, visit: www.mirrorathlete.org.